Forum Posts: 20159
Forum Threads: 3562
GDM YouTube Channel
GDM on Facebook
View Thread
 Print Thread
Rock Candy Magazine.
Nick C
Really Malc? I liked the Planet Rock one, some good articles...but a bit of a tired format having a very similar feel to Classic Rock. I mentioned in the shoutbox it's only a fiver compared to CR's 6.99 (is it?) and I can do without the free CD in CR so the price makes it a little more appealing - but I'm with you I'll pick and choose and see what tickles my fancy on any given month. Although I like to see a good proliferation of rock magazines I don't really hold an allegiance to any particular title, it's all about having a choice.

englandashes
Eric wrote:

mickey wrote:

The old Kerrang was bigger than life.

Yes, I mention the impact of Kerrang! in a small way in an upcoming review. For me, Kerrang! was my connection to real rock (with Sounds) and the UK which I always believed to be the epicenter of my music. Those early 80's issues were indispensable and they had the balls to put Fish on a cover when no one else would.

My first Kerrang, had Manowar on the cover, issue 46 or something.......I sometimes look at the present issues, bit like the paper it's printed on.....throwaway....

darkblue
Nick C wrote:

Really Malc? I liked the Planet Rock one, some good articles...but a bit of a tired format having a very similar feel to Classic Rock. I mentioned in the shoutbox it's only a fiver compared to CR's 6.99 (is it?) and I can do without the free CD in CR so the price makes it a little more appealing - but I'm with you I'll pick and choose and see what tickles my fancy on any given month. Although I like to see a good proliferation of rock magazines I don't really hold an allegiance to any particular title, it's all about having a choice.

Looked through Planet Rock today and can't help but wonder if they didn't miscalculate how the Classic Rock demise would go.

For me it's like reading the same magazine, although PR is more like the way CR was 6 or 7 years ago. At least the reviews are much more rock and metal based than Classic Rock's tend to be these days.

Wasn't tempted to buy it but will keep flicking through it to see how it develops.
Live Fast! - Arrive early....

Nick C
I only bought it because the silver cover attracted my eye, I'm like a magpie -
I have to own shiny things! Grin

Jump to Forum:
Our Friends
Disqus
comments powered by Disqushttp://gdm.glorydazemusic.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=4004&pid=21567
crawlers
Google (1), Yahoo (0), msnbot (0), AskJeeves (0),