Forum Threads: 3615
Twitter Feed
GDM on Social Media
View Thread
GDM » Public » Obituaries
 Print Thread
Paul O'Neill (Savatage, TSO )
jefflynnefan
Paul O'Neill the producer and lyric writer for Savatage and TSO has passed away. He was only 61 years old. This truly is sad for me. My thoughts are with his family. I was hoping for one more Savatage album with him producing and writing. It will never happen now. R.I.P. great one.

Eric
My girlfriend's sister worked for Lava/ Atlantic and was involved with TSO's 'Sarajevo' video among other things. She still has the gold record for the song and had/has nothing but good things to say about O'Neil and company. R.I.P.

jeffrey343
I never got into Savatage, but I did grab a dozen TSO Christmas songs that get played a lot during the holidays. The whole TSO Christmas thing he did was a stoke of genius.

darkblue
Eric wrote:

My girlfriend's sister worked for Lava/ Atlantic and was involved with TSO's 'Sarajevo' video among other things. She still has the gold record for the song and had/has nothing but good things to say about O'Neil and company. R.I.P.

Two of my colleagues at Fireworks met O'Neil on tour for an interview and they both say he was just the nicest guy you could imagine. He gifted them each tour jackets and vinyl copies of TSO albums, even though he'd never met them before, and allowed them to stay and watch soundcheck with JSS.

When one of them met him again a couple of years later, he not only remembered my colleagues, he recalled both of them by name. Which when you consider how many people he must have met in a year was pretty amazing.

R.I.P.
Live Fast! - Arrive early....

Jump to Forum:
Our Friends
Disqus
comments powered by Disqushttp://gdm.glorydazemusic.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=4015&pid=21225
crawlers
Google (1), Yahoo (0), msnbot (0), AskJeeves (0),