Forum Posts: 20159
Forum Threads: 3562
GDM YouTube Channel
GDM on Facebook
View Thread
 Print Thread
Chris Cornell R.I.P.
Nick C
Just got up and found out Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and Audioslave has died his passing being described as "sudden and unexpected" . Only 52 , that's no age at all...R.I.P.

Carl Noonan
Terrible news. Very sad to hear it.

RobLynott
Pretty sad. They are investigating in the "suicide direction" at the moment...

darkblue
Really sad news.

I really like some mid-period Soundgarden and Audioslave were pretty decent too. Thinking about it, it's maybe some of his solo stuff that's stayed with me longest.

Either way, at 52, he's gone far too young. RIP
Live Fast! - Arrive early....

rkbluez
Sad news one of the most powerful voices in rock has left us way too soon RIP Chris.

Eric
Loved and still love 'Black Hole Sun', the rest of Soundgarden's output I can live without but with that said whenever I hear things like this its terrible. I always wonder if anyone reached to him or vice-versa but we'll probably never know. Very sad. Sad

englandashes
Just a dreadful shame, playing his Latest Truth at the moment, like many enjoyed his solo albums, other great moments being Like a storm from Audioslave, You know my name and his interpretation of Billie Jean, just brilliant....

gdazegod
Big loss. So many suicides around the world. It is becoming an epidemic. What's going on?

dangerzone
With guys like Layne Staley and Scott Weiland you always had a feeling they'd die young, given all their drug abuse, but this one seems surprising and shocking to some degree. I guess you never know.

gdazegod
I was never into this musical scene or genre, but I appreciate the impact they had on the industry during what I call 'the lost years'.. well, for melodic rock and AOR it was.. hmm!

dangerzone
Anyone who's read my reviews will know of my general distaste for grunge. To this day it bores me and I haven't changed my stance like so many others. I think it's worth remembering that bands like Soundgarden, Alice In Chains etc were all metal/hard rock bands before they got lumped into the grunge tag. Soundgarden had their moments, but I was never convinced and I probably never will be. That said Cornell was one of the stars of the era of course and it's hard not to be a little shocked by the whole thing.

darkblue
gdazegod wrote:

Big loss. So many suicides around the world. It is becoming an epidemic. What's going on?

Suggestions now that he was on meds that he got wrong on the day and may not have intended what happened.

Tragic one way or the other.
Live Fast! - Arrive early....

Jump to Forum:
Our Friends
Disqus
comments powered by Disqushttp://gdm.glorydazemusic.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=4054&pid=21607
crawlers
Google (1), Yahoo (0), msnbot (0), AskJeeves (0),