GDM on Facebook
-
View Thread
 Print Thread
Zon live album
gdazegod
it's a rort. They know it, so do we.

Jez
It arrived today. I'm still scratching my head on how you can charge $13 for postage, especially as this is also in a card sleeve and not a jewel case and weighs as much as a feather (and it's a CD-R too I warn you). Pretty disappointed with the end product for what it's cost if i'm honest
I notice the new Robin Beck CD from her site is $22.99 + $13.90 for postage. That works out at about £28 which to me is completely insane with the value of the $ to the £ as it is
Edited by Jez on 13-07-2017 06:23
I Like Beer!!

david
Jez, thanks for the update, I think I paid about $US24 for mine, included postage.works out over 30 NZ dollars which is a fair amount of cash. I would never pay that much for a single CD. Now here is the pisser, if it's a CD -r my high end Cambridge CD player won't play it. It will have to go via a computer. This really fucks me off as I have become very selective on what CDs I buy theses days.
dbshaw

Nick C
Thanks for the info. mate....Mine hasn't arrived yet .... a CDR is a real downer....I was tempted to buy the Aldenfield release as I liked the samples but if that's a CDR as well I'm gonna skip it.
In all honesty if I'd known in advance I would have paid for the download only (although I don't tend to go that route I might have for this) and saved the postage....I can rip CDRs all day. What a pity. I think from now on I'm going to ask sellers if they are CDRs or CDs before buying.

Jez
Yep..should have checked first I suppose and I will do so from now on. For that price, I really expected a properly pressed up CD not a CD-R
I Like Beer!!

Explorer
Dodged a bit of a bullet there. Not normally one to baulk at postage from the US but I waited a while and so glad I did. Download it is for me then.

gdazegod
A download it is then. Postage does indeed suck.

Jump to Forum:
Our Friends
Disqus
comments powered by Disqushttp://gdm.glorydazemusic.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=4076&pid=22088
crawlers
Google (1), Yahoo (0), msnbot (0), AskJeeves (0),