GDM on Facebook
-
View Thread
 Print Thread
Payolas - Eyes Of A Stranger
jefflynnefan
YouTube Video

Eric
I was living in Toronto when this song came out. A very popular band up there at the time although they did take some flak for sounding like The Police.

jefflynnefan
When I saw the band's name, it made me laugh, so I had to give them a listen. I really like the song, one of those that you can listen to over and over for me. As much as I love the 70's , the first half of the 80's was exciting with all the new music and styles that was coming out. That was definitely the time for a band to get a record deal.

Eric
At the time I thought they were a band who had potential but it wasn't to be. High profile gigs with Supertramp, Bryan Adams, Rush, The Motels and others as well as an appearance on the 'Valley Girl' soundtrack, they had it going on, just not enough.

gdazegod
Payola$, lol

Explorer
The Payolas morphed into `Rock and Hyde` who produced one great album `Under The Volcano, and band member Bob Rock went on to be the super producer of such acts as Bon Jovi and Metallica amongst many others, and the `Eyes of a Stranger `track featured here was produced by one time Bowie sideman and all round musical god Mick Ronson.

Eric
I think Ronson played keys for them on a couple tours as well.

Jump to Forum:
Our Friends
Disqus
comments powered by Disqushttp://gdm.glorydazemusic.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=4081&pid=21951
crawlers
Google (1), Yahoo (0), msnbot (0), AskJeeves (0),