Twitter Feed
GDM on Social Media
View Thread
GDM » Public » Anything Goes
 Print Thread
Sending out CD's overseas - postage costs
gdazegod
Hi all,

I am reviewing my current CD situation, and will probably offload a few in the coming weeks. Call it a pre Spring Clean.

Some advice from the GDM regulars would not go amiss. Considering I haven't sent out parcels for ages, what is the norm these days to keep postage costs down?

If you are an Ebay trader are you leaving out the jewel cases and just sending the CD, booklets and inserts plus some form of protection (like flat cardboard)?

Are you encountering any issues at the Post Office?

What are the usual dimensions for sending via letter rate or parcel rate? I know the latter is far more expensive than letter, but trying to fit single CD's into a letter rate package might be a tight squeeze, even without a jewel case.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.
George

swazi
gdazegod wrote:

If you are an Ebay trader are you leaving out the jewel cases and just sending the CD, booklets and inserts plus some form of protection (like flat cardboard)?

Yes, that's definitely the way to go.

gdazegod wrote:

Are you encountering any issues at the Post Office?

In the case of Germany it's more likely the customs office.

gdazegod wrote:

What are the usual dimensions for sending via letter rate or parcel rate? I know the latter is far more expensive than letter, but trying to fit single CD's into a letter rate package might be a tight squeeze, even without a jewel case.

This info you need to get from your post office, George. It's different for each country.

gdazegod
Well as it turns out, Ebay has put a selling restriction on my account. I can do everything else but. I know what I'll be doing this wet, rainy and ugly weekend.. grr..

Jump to Forum:
Our Friends
Disqus
comments powered by Disqushttp://gdm.glorydazemusic.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=4116&pid=22294
crawlers
Google (1), Yahoo (0), msnbot (0), AskJeeves (0),