Forum Threads: 3615
Twitter Feed
GDM on Social Media
View Thread
GDM » Public » Anything Goes
 Print Thread
Max Webster 'The Party' Box Set
Jez
A new career spanning box set entitled 'The Party' is to be released on CD and LP at the end of September, which includes all of Max's 5 studio/ 1 live album remastered, Kim Mitchell's S/T debut EP as well as a disc of Live and rare tracks plus a 32 page booklet..Looks very tasty and a pretty good price too...get your credit cards to the ready

Head over to shop.mucicvaultz.com for all the details
Edited by Jez on 12-08-2017 01:18
I Like Beer!!

Explorer
2017 is finally getting up to speed after being somewhat bereft of quality releases thus far. This and a few other releases(Raspberries,Steven Wilson etc) are seeing to that.

Nick C
Hahaha! Typical - just as I managed to track down the Live CD at a proper price.

darkblue
Looks good. Looks very expensive too!
Live Fast! - Arrive early....

Explorer
CD version is approx 36.00 although P+P might put the mockers on it.

rkbluez
Never heard of the label doing it...already have all of these albums...I'd have to read a lot of great reviews on the sound quality before I buy those again.

The Rock Candy versions of the first 3 are great so maybe I'll wait and hopefully they finish the job they started...don't really care if they do the live one but A Million...& Juvenille are must haves.

Got the Kim Mitchell EP on Wounded Bird so I'm all set there also.

Carl Noonan
They seem to be a reputable company with a lot of clout
More news on the box here, check out the samples on the link at the bottom of the article.

http://www.majorlyindie.com/newsRelease.php?NewsReleaseID=763

Nick C
rkbluez wrote:

Never heard of the label doing it...already have all of these albums...I'd have to read a lot of great reviews on the sound quality before I buy those again.

The Rock Candy versions of the first 3 are great so maybe I'll wait and hopefully they finish the job they started...don't really care if they do the live one but A Million...& Juvenille are must haves.

Got the Kim Mitchell EP on Wounded Bird so I'm all set there also.

I'm pretty much the same...got all the stuff (now I finally nailed the live CD), the extra disc of rarities is interesting...thing is I'm a sucker for art work and the box design looks great.

rkbluez
Carl Noonan wrote:

They seem to be a reputable company with a lot of clout
More news on the box here, check out the samples on the link at the bottom of the article.

http://www.majorlyindie.com/newsRelease.php?NewsReleaseID=763

Seems it's part of Anthem...can't get much better than that...might have to check it out as Kim Himself seems to have had imput on it which is always a good thing since he's a producer also and would want them to sound as good as possible...probably one of the very few bands I'd keep upgrading my CD collection of because of how much I like them.

Carl Noonan
Yeah and Andy Curran has had some involvement too. Said he's been trying to get the Max catalogue reissued for 12 years. The sound on those samples from the bonus disc is great and I look forward to having the box in my hands.

Nick C
Have to say the vinyl version I would love...especially for the little extras like the UJ card, poster and the Derringer forward, I tend to listen to the show Derringer in the morning on Q107 a lot (except it's late morning/afternoon here) but that is a bit of a hefty price ... if I go for it it will be the CD box especially since I still have the original vinyl as anyway...but then I have the CDs too. I'm happy I didn't get the RC versions now but all the same I want to resist this - but I can feel myself being pulled in like a planet around a black hole - my wallet's orbit decaying as it empties itself into that massed gravitational pull.

In all honesty it's something to think about, I'm a sucker for stuff like this but the initial excitement of the news of the release may abate. How many times can you buy the same thing? (How on earth I can ask that is beyond me!)
Edited by Nick C on 12-08-2017 13:54

Nick C
Explorer wrote:

P&P bumps it up to 43 which isn't bad ... but gotta think about customs then...Shock

I wonder if Amazon UK will stock it.

darkblue
Nick C wrote:

Explorer wrote:

P&P bumps it up to 43 which isn't bad ... but gotta think about customs then...Shock

I wonder if Amazon UK will stock it.

Yeah, it was the vinyl set's price I was thinking as being quite steep.

At 43 it's hard to complain really, considering how much is in the set. Customs is the variable. I'll wait and see on UK availability but if that proves a no-go, I might just take a chance on it.
Live Fast! - Arrive early....

Jump to Forum:
Our Friends
Disqus
comments powered by Disqushttp://gdm.glorydazemusic.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=4122&pid=22378
crawlers
Google (1), Yahoo (0), msnbot (0), AskJeeves (0),